Bouquets & Blossoms…Floral Tips
Flowers have been used in weddings for centuries, bringing good luck and conveying lovely messages in their own “language”. Since they are used in every aspect of the wedding, from the ceremony and reception décor to the bouquets and flower girls baskets, it can get overwhelming with so many details that start from “What is your favorite flower?” Read on to find useful guidelines, floral tips, and advice to make selecting your wedding blooms easier and helpful.
- Have your budget, the date, the number of guests, and wedding location ready when you meet with your florist. They are important factors when determining the amount of flowers to be ordered and the overall price.
- Ask your florist to see photos of their past work, not just centerpieces, and for references from previous clients. Also, don’t be afraid to meet with different florists, one might have a different special package than another.
- Inquire about the flowers that are seasonal and those that are fresh year round. Some blooms might be more expensive to purchase and others might not be in season for your wedding.
- Bring a fabric swatch of your bridesmaids dress and photos of your color scheme or theme to your meeting with your florist. Their experience with flowers and events will help guide you to designing your floral creations with your wedding style in mind.
- Ask the florist if they use silk flowers in their arrangements (if you are interested in having them) and if there’s an additional cost.
- Be sure that the itemized bill is included in the contract; this includes the number of centerpieces and arrangements, bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and other floral items that will be used for the wedding day.
- Be sure you know and understand what is included in the total price – the flowers and other materials, labor, shipping, delivery, and setup.
- Ask plenty of questions about the florists’ cancellation policy, deposit payments and options, secondary plans (due to back-orders or late shipping), and delivery and setup procedures.
Click here to check out local florists who can provide the blooms of your dreams!