With the rise of unique wedding food and menu trends, think brunch wedding, it is no surprise that caterers are offering a whole new variety of services and foods to serve at your reception. Because if there is one thing a guest will remember at a wedding, it is the food. Why not satisfy their appetites with some unique and nontraditional treats?
- Coffee is a versatile drink that can be served day or night. A coffee bar with a variety of blends, creamers, mix-ins, etc, can add a touch of elegance to a brunch reception, cocktail hour, or even serve as a night cap!
- What goes better with coffee than donuts! Fluffy and sweet, donuts can be made fresh or prepared as both decorative and sweet with the growing popularity of the donut wall.
- Donuts are not the only sugary treat couples enjoy. For those who are not wedding cake fans, pie and pastry bars are making appearances at many receptions. Homemade pies, cheesecakes, and empanadas are sure to be a hit for your guests!
- On the savory side, while passed hors d’oeuvres are still popular during cocktail hour, why not bring out something artistic such as a meat and cheese station? Varieties of cheeses paired with smoked meats, crackers and other accoutrements can heighten the experience with the knowledge of a skilled charcutier and a glass of wine.
- Following up on the charcuterie idea, grazing boxes and charcuterie boards featuring both traditional and non-traditional charcuterie items are poised to bring your guests together and keep them talking.
- Let’s not forget the children! If your wedding will see many children at the reception, have them entertained with a popcorn machine, along with fun toppings, or perhaps a churro bar to fuel their excitement.
- Even when the reception is over, the party may continue. For a traditional tornaboda or a late night snack, why not bring out something sweet such as a raspa cart, or savory, such as sizzling street tacos from a food truck. Both make a perfect homage to the RGV community!
Your wedding day will be filled with love, excitement, and dizzying moments that come and go. Keep that energy strong with food and drink that not only you will enjoy but will leave your guests with unforgettable memories.